I started by coating the whole thing in a layer of PVA glue and torn book pages. this gave a good base for paints and mediums etc.
texture paste on it then when that was dry i added paint in green and aqua tones. I stamped out my Alice themed stamps and cut them out. I tinted them with watercolour pencils and stuck them in to place. then i added details with more paints ... i let everything dry and gave it a coat of multi-purpose sealer followed by a coat of one step crackle.
I went over all the raised sections with treasure gold gilt wax and then i added some fabric and lace (stained with paints) and lots of lovely rusty wire that i dangled some charms from...
for the lid I also included some lovely green moss, a few red rose heads and a very cute toadstool.
Blue green light
Quinacridone GoldDecoart acrylic: