Tuesday, 29 September 2015

Upcycled packaging. For DecoArt

For the tutorial, click on the link to the DecoArt Media Blog HERE...

Today I have a tutorial, on the DecoArt Media Blog, showing how I altered some packaging. Nearly all my "Calico Craft Parts" come in this type of cardboard envelope and I have been keeping them because I was sure I could do something with them.
so here is what I have made.

The tutorial for the outside is over on the DecoArt Media blog so I will show you the inside here.


I used a lot of Tim Holtz papers and extras; like the clip board clip and the ring binder attachment. and I have added images from his ideaology range as I dont like to show too many images of friends and family on the internet without their permission. but the big main image is my mum and dads wedding :) 
and the small boy on the left is my dad.
The corner embellishments, the keyhole escutcheon and the lovely wooden words are all by Calico Craft Parts.
I turned one of the flaps into a pocket. I may just use it as an organiser or something for keeping tags and cards I have received from crafting friends. 
I feel quite pleased that I have actually recycled something I would usually throw away.
Z x

5 comments:

  1. Glorious upcycling - an absolute wow of a project.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! Can't beat a bit upcycling....

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely, I too have some similar packaging that I've been saving!!! thankyou for inspiration and for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a wonderful transformation, Louise!
    Who would guess its humble beginnings - and I am afraid I will now also start hoarding those packages I get my books in...lol.
    I LOVE the aged but yet delicate look of this! Just brilliant!

    Hugs,
    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  5. a stunning up cycle Louise.....the details are tremendous....love it!
    TFS and best wishes
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete