Monday, 7 September 2015

Steampunk inspired "Raven Canvas"; For Katzelkraft

Hello again everyone.
I am sharing a small mixed media canvas with you today.  I stamped out various images using black archival ink on to white tissue paper. I didn’t cut them out. I tore them. Torn edges blend in better than straight cut lines. 
I decoupaged them on to my little canvas using  Decoart decoupage medium. This also acted a sealer and a base to add my Decoart crackle glaze. 
Once my crackle glaze had dried and cracked, I added some Decoart Media fluid paints to make the cracks stand out. Simply add each colour one at a time, wait a few seconds then wipe it back off with a damp cloth. the paint will come off the image but remain in the cracks.
After that I simply glued embellishments on, wrapped rusty wire around it and hammered some rusty nails in to act as feet/legs for the canvas. 

Katzelkraft Stamps Used:


SOLO-58-Corbeau-roulette       Solo13--engrenage
KTZ121-Balloon       KTZ113-Steampunk-elements  


2 comments:

  1. Oh my..... you really know how to catch me. This canvas is amazing. Love the cracks you achieved and if i start writing about about the rusty pieces...it's getting a novel, most likely ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. a fabulous canvas Louise...love the details and textures you have created. TFS and best wishes
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete