Friday, 4 September 2015

Katzelkraft Day. One simple mask

After finishing my black and white cards, I went on to add a little colour and used a simple mask. I was still just sitting at the kitchen table with only ink, stamps and card and not in the craft room. So these really are easy flat no fuss cards and (as one craft friend pointed out) the flat cards are way cheaper to post.
 
I used a die cut circle as a mask for the moon or sun (whichever suites your design) and went over the card with versamagic chalk inks in various tones.
once the chalk ink had dried, i stamped over the card with black archival ink.
where the "birds on a branch" stamp was too short for my needs, i just used a watercolour black pencil to draw in the extra length.

I have made some sunset themed ones and a couple of moonlight ones I may use for Halloween.


Katzelkraft stamps used.

Katz
Grunge Border
Crow silhouette
small bird from the Paris monument set.

No comments:

Post a Comment