Monday, 1 June 2015

Mixed Media Monthly Challenge: Guest (again :) )

Mixed Media Monthly have their Birthday this month. so they have invited guests from the last year to take part and make something using any of the monthly themes from the last 12 months theme choices.
I chose to use a couple of the themes. "Texture and stencils"  and "Birds of a Feather".
and I used them on a 12 x 12 piece of corrugated card.
the texture is from DecoArt modelling paste and it is also a DecoArt stencil. lots of Decoart paint and mediums including the FANTASTIC crackle paint that just does as it says it will. and my usual splashes of "Quinacridone Gold" for rusty blobs.
The bird is a bit amateur as I am beginning to TRY and do some of the painting myself and not rely on cut out images and stamps all the time. the nest is napkin decoupage using DecoArt decoupage medium. i used the one especially for napkins to reduce tearing.
as I had used a variety of DecoArt mediums I had some patches that had a Shin on the surface, some matt and some in between. i wanted consistency so I gave it all a coat of DecoArt Ultra matt medium. That takes away all shine and reflections (easier to get photos too when you have to use a flash).
I'm making a basic frame out of driftwood and jute string for this but its not ready yet.
Please go over and visit Mixed Media Monthly and maybe join in its for fun and creative self development. these blog challenges can help push you to try new things and gain confidence. develop your style and learn new styles. really worth having a go.
thanks for stopping by
Z x

22 comments:

  1. So pretty, Louise. Love the colors and the embossed areas. The bird is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous colours and I love all the textures on this project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous project, love those colours and the textures x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous layout with stunning details Louise :-) I think your bird looks amazing x

    TFS and best wishes
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your bird is REALLY REALLY great in my humble opinion. You should be very proud of him! This is a BEAUTIFUL creation in every way. Thanks bunches for sharing. j.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Louise,
    You have combined your elements with the texture so very very well; the effect is fabulous.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Louise! I LOVE this!!!!!
    Claudia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant Louise, and like others have said your bird looks amazing!! As does the lovely nest! Great piece and yes it is ironic you took my place at CCP and then did this.... thanks a bunch for that anyway, really appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is no wonder Mixed Media Monthly chose you as their guest designer! What a fabulous piece of artwork! Love the colors, the texture and your bird is fantastic! I can't believe you hand drew that!

    Thank you for your generous comment on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Zuzu... this is wonderful... loving the use of your corrugated cardboard... Quinacridone Gold is one of my most favorite paint colors and it definitely added that rust feel to your piece ... thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is soo artsy . lovely textures . thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an absolutely gorgeous page! I love birds and I LOVE your color palette!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the torn cardboard background and all the wonderful texture!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Zuzu--I have not entered the crafting world of decoupage, but this piece of art definitely motivates me to learn more about it. I love your use of gold with the other colors on this canvas. I especially like the embossed parts; they are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely colors and textures on your canvas Zuzu. The bird looks beautiful and co incidentally I have created a page too with a bird!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful project. I love the bird and words you added...so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This really is fabulous ! Fabulous texture and as others have said - your bird is brilliant! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very Interesting picture. My favourite colors.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is a wonderful project, so inspiring. Love the depth in texture. TFS!

    ReplyDelete