Thursday, 28 May 2015

Scrapbooking with Calico Craft Parts and DecoArt supplies.

I don't often do 12 x 12 layouts. I am not overly fond of displaying photos. I rarely take photos of people. I Mostly take scenery shots. and in this day of digital, I dnt even get them printed out. I just keep them on my hard drive or on discs etc. But the exception is a pile of old photos of grandparents, reat grand parents and other relatives of that age. I have some lovely photos of my relatives and I find working with sepia toned photos much easier than new photos.
I scanned the photo of my Great Aunt Mima and printed it off for this project. I never use the original photos as I want to keep them safe.
I was inspired to do this one as I am in love with my new bits from "Calico Craft Parts". These gates are splendid! and the leaves and flourishes. (insert heart icon here)
I have also used lots of lovely DecoArt media products. Modelling paste, gesso, crackle paint (gotta love the crackle paint. it just does what it says on the tub) 
and obviously paints (importantly Quinacridone gold for the rusty drips).  The texture was put through a decoart stencil on to a piece of 12 x 12 corrugated card. 
I had great fun making this with thanks to DecoArt and Calico Craft Parts...
I made 2 backgrounds exactly (well almost) the same. the 2nd one has been made into a canvas. It is way more "mixed media" in style as it has been painted and decoupaged on to (with more DecoArt supplies). You can see that over on Our Creative Corner on the 1st June :)

5 comments:

  1. Wow!....absolutely gorgeous, Louise!
    I LOVE all the layers and the worn and peeled look! Fantastic!

    Hugs,
    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love this piece, so pretty! Love those cracks and all the textures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous as always Louise :-) love the wonderful textures and colours. These craft parts are fantastic and your aunt is beautiful.

    TFS
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Louise! This is just gorgeous!! What a beautiful layout and Aunt Mima is so beautiful as well!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Louise...this is beautiful! LOVE the teal color and all of the rusty embossed elements. That fence gate looks like real rusted metal! I also love the photo of your Aunt Mimi. Makes this layout even more special!

    ReplyDelete