Wednesday, 15 April 2015

Mixed Media Monthly Guest part 2

 
Here I am, back again, with my second project for Mixed Media Monthly in conjunction with DecoArt.
The last time I shared a very colourful little canvas. I turned that canvas around and did something very different on the back. something much more aged, rusty and distressed.
I love doing the back of canvases and using them as shadow frames. I have taken a less obvious approach to the theme this time. the nesting birds are the "April" part of the theme. and as for the showers, I incorporated rust because thats what rain does to metal in the garden. and I added some drips and raindrops in the form of crystals.
Head on over (by clicking HERE) and have a look at the work of the design team and other guests and maybe think about giving this challenge a go...
thanks for stopping by.
Z x

6 comments:

  1. It's so cool I love the little rusty raindrop crystals

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely fab, Lousie! Wow! Thanks for the heavy does of eye candy! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm!! Lots of wonderful texture and painted layers. Love the colours and wonderful details. TFS Louise

    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Louise,
    This reverse canvas is gorgeous, such texture makes me salivate!
    The palette is eye-catching and altogether is looks amazing.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete