Tuesday, 17 March 2015

Apothecary Book Box: For DecoArt


I am sharing the "outside" of an altered book box with you today. (the inside will be in a future post).

the step by step tutorial on techniques used to get the look are on the DecoArt mixed media blog HERE .


On here, I will simply share a few photos of the finished item. I have not done a tutorial for the "page effect" on the sides as, although it is not exactly the same as Candy's technique, it is close enough. so for a tutorial on that, have a look at Candy's post HERE (well worth a look as the project is beautiful).




So that is the outside. a tutorial for the effects on the inside will follow on the DecoArt mixed media blog very soon and then I can show you the inside in detail here. but here is a wee sneak peek at what to expect...
Nice to be back on blog land after my break. see you all again very very soon. thanks for dropping by Z x

8 comments:

  1. Hello Louise,
    Absolutely stunning, love all the texture and the palette.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Louise, I have admired your work for some time now. Your eye for color coordination and detail is awesome! I shared your post via Google.... Hope you don't mind 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this !
    The colours stand out and there something to look at all round

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent alteration love all the colours and texture
    Debsxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so pleased to have found your blog again. Missed your amazing creations, such as this!! So so cool & incredibly clever. The wrought iron panel is Wowzers, all of it is! Off to sign up to yr blog so I don't miss more.... Tfs. C

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Zuzu, Just taking the time to drop on your blog, and how lucky I am to be able to admire such an amazing book and piece of art, WOW!!!!!
    Also your canvas next is absolutely gorgeous... :D I totally LOVE it.
    And looking at all your past DT references on your right side bar (another wow haha!!) I see you have also been DT for Crafty Individuals in the past?... I'm asking in which year(s).. also for Katzelkraft. Well, you have prestigious references, and that well suits to your great artwork. Will try to come back soon, and comment at least from time to time since time has become so precious now, it's hard to follow everyone when we also a work, DT commitments and children to bring up. :) Crafty hugs from France Coco xx

    ReplyDelete