Monday, 14 April 2014

Stampendous/DecoArt Blog hop post 2.

On Tuesday I showed you this cool video on how to make fab backgrounds using the Stampendous Creative Palette...  and I showed you one way to use them as a background for a journal page. This little canvas was made, using more of my home made backgrounds. I made my backgrounds using a mix of DecoArt Media Fluid acrylics, Traditions acrylics and Americana acrylics (sometimes I mixed them together just to see what worked with what.)


I tore some of the backgrounds in to strips, added some extra stamping with the Stampendous "Sheet music" stamp and the " musical definitions" stamp. Then I stuck them to my canvas in rows for an even more varied look.  I then used DecoArt modelling (texture) paste through a Stampendous "treble clef" stencil. while it was still wet I added some Fran-tage embossing powders and used the heatgun. I also added more of the texture to the corners. when it had dried I used the Stampendous Music background stamp on the texture. I glued on some Fran-tage elements (in this instance, little mica chips in pretty colours.)

I then cut a heart from another of my preprepared backgrounds and stamped the music on to it using white paint. I used DecoArt media fluid acrylic paint as it has a super high amount of pure pigment,
I gave the whole thing a coat of the new DecoArt  Mixed Media "Clear Crackle Glaze".

When it had dried a painted over it with some transparent quinacridone gold, left it for a few seconds then wiped it all off again with a damp cloth. The paint stayed in the cracks. :)
last but not least, with a clean damp cloth, I applied DecoArt metallic lustres to the edges of the canvas. 

Thanks for visiting and enjoy the rest of the blog hop
Z x

35 comments:

  1. Wow, great video, I love your project today, The amount of product you use is amazing, just stunning out come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great project thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an absolutely fabulous canvas! LOVE all the layers of deliciousness and the textures are spectacular!
    If I was to receive a box with all of these luscious goodies in it I think I would faint with the sheer joy of it! I definitely have to check into the DecoArt metallic lusters and Crackle Glaze and , well, everything you used! I shiver just thinking about having my fingers on them all! OOOOOO! Happy days!
    Thank you for the inspiration and for sharing the walk through on this fabulous mixed media canvas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! Just another beautiful project from your talented hands and mind. I like the crackled finish and think it looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I love the texture and the heart with sentiment is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice Job! <3 your project and great instructions. thanks -con

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful. I love the shades of pink and the pop of the red heart. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the colors on this piece. It looks awesome with all that texture.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the depth in your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great colours and textures Louise and I am lucky enough to know it looks even better IRL....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow - it's a fantastic artwork and i love the colours! Hugs Dagmar

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a stunning canvas - those prints are amazing, and the textures and that wonderful heart are so beautiful. Fabulous!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh this is lovely, so much to OOOO and Arrrrrrrrr about!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderfully artistic.....this is the kind of project I just LOVE having hang in my creative room.....can't get enough of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like the uniqueness of creations made by using the creative palette. I can be an artist!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful, I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fantastic work. I love the colors and textures on this piece!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very effective, and the colours are medieval. I like it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am really enjoying seeing all the different ways to use these fabulous products together. Thanks for the inspiration!

    Carol B
    ciaoitalia2007(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your work, this canvas has terrific texture and the colours have blended beautifully to give a very vintage look.

    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for another spectacular piece. I love the depth you were able to achieve with a combination of color and texture.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Brandi (@Fitzysmom)26 June 2014 at 19:54

    Oh I really need to get that sheet music stamp. Loved your project!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my word, this canvas is just terrific. I could only hope to achieve textures like that & your colour combination is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fabulous, thanks for this creative piece, very unique!!! Coco x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Louise, this is just gorgeous! Love your flair for this mixed media thing! The projects you've created have been so inspiring. Thanks so much for playing with us this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fantastic effects and love the finished piece...

    ReplyDelete
  27. Really amazing...your piece is beautiful. I love all the layers and colors...
    x0x0x
    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love that it's music themed. I can never find music sheets though :(

    ReplyDelete
  29. I found the palette video very informative, as I won a palette in a previous drawing and had no idea how to use it. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love the colors, texture and musical theme.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thank you for the inspiration and for sharing the walk through on your canvas! Sensational!! Cracked texture, bold colors...Great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Lovely heart canvas...packed with lots of texture...I love making canvases and getting my hands all gooey with paints!

    ReplyDelete