Tuesday, 24 June 2014

Stampendous/DecoArt Blog hop post 1


I'm in a mixed media frenzy: Stampendous and DecoArt have come together to do a fantastic blog hop full of mixed media loveliness.
We have been using an amazing range of paints and mediums from DecoArt along with the wonderful  "Studio Multi Media" cling rubber stamp packs, Fran-tage embossing powders and Elements and the Creative Palette from Stampendous.
When the supplies arrived with me, I immediately watched the cool youtube video Stampendos have provided on how to use the "Creative Palette".

   
Next step was to try it out and make some backgrounds of my own.... 
I set some aside for future projects and then set about using one to make my first ever journal page.
I had been watching the video of Prof Wangari Maathai (she won the nobel peace prize in 2004)  telling the story of the little hummingbird. And I was inspired by it. My page was made to remind me of that inspiration and to remind me that I can only try my best and that must be enough.it may be insignificant but it is important to try. Imagine if we all put our minds to the same problem and did our best!!!!
 I selected one of my backgrounds and decorated it further with more of the stamps and stencils, using more acrylic paints. I hand painted on some grass and plant life then printed off a hummingbird image. I used more paints and some pastels to highlight the hummingbird then printed off my quote and glued it on too. I coated the whole page with DecoArt multi-purpose sealer.  

And for your interest, here is the youtube link to the story...
 

44 comments:

  1. Wow! This is so amazing . I love seeing all the art from around the world and your hummingbird is stunning. I love the depth and the beautiful colors on this project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Just beautiful! Love the colors and multitude of textures! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful artwork - pinned and tweeted it;) thank you, con

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful page, hard to believe it's your first! I love all the fun stamps you've used, as well as the colors. I'm addicted to mixed media! I'll have to find the video about the hummingbird, you've piqued my curiosity!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderfull blog hop and a great project!. Love decoart. Will pin :) Best regards from Kirsten

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is such a great page and story.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Couldn't imagine a more brilliant use of that wonderful background, Louise!
    LOVE that hummingbird piece and how you painted the flowers so they blend in with the background so perfectly!

    Hugs,
    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you used the white. It really makes the page pop!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a hummingbird feeder and really enjoy watching them. Your bird is colored great. Love your whole design. thanks for sharing a great project.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simply stunning Louise! The bird is beautiful and I absolutely LOVE your background. More please!!
    Julia x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful canvas. Truly lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! I love hummingbirds and this is just exquisite
    The flowers are gorgeous as are the fabulous patterns and colours you have created

    Jools x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Brandi (@Fitzysmom)24 June 2014 at 19:55

    I'm new to art journal pages so really enjoyed seeing one of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the colors, the stencils, the textures! All of it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderful story, and even more wonderful page with it, woooow!!! Thank you very much for this fabulous sample with the new products, also for sharing the lovely story of your inspiration! Wishes from France, Coco x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm impressed! I'm an absolutely alien when it comes to art journaling and your backgrounds look delicious. Creating such a beautiful image on a wild painted background could be done only by an artist. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, those are sunning backgrounds, I wish mine turned out like that. I need to keep practicing. Love the hummingbird!!! gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fab backgrounds, and your Hummingbird page is super. Love that it has a story to it as well. Andrea xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your Hummingbird, and your backgrounds were a huge success! Thanks so much for playing with our products this week! Glad you could join us!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great background--I like the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, this is wonderful! I love how your painted scene and hummingbird turned out. Great message. Awesome backgrounds too. Thanks for sharing.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful colors and perfect for the hummingbird...love it! gotta love that background too!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful art. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful art. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is fabulously beautiful! I love your work.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fabulous ideas for using the products! Thanks for sharing!

    Carol B
    ciaoitalia2007(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love your project and the bird too

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is just so inspiring.... the colours, the composition, the quote. I will be coming back to this post later to take it all in & absorb

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love the hummingbird stamp. Love your project.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Very strange...I was sure I commented on this already :-( Anyway, I LOVE the depth and texture in your work! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is absolutely fantastic I love the texture and Hummingbirds are such incredible birds. Thank you for sharing your talents with us you are amazingly talented.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Beautiful - that print looks made for the hummingbird, they work so perfectly together!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  33. Brilliant backgrounds - loving the vibrancy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  34. My favourite colours, and a hummingbird to capture your thoughts...luv it!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wow this is very impressive! Beautiful textures and colors throughout :)

    ReplyDelete