Saturday, 24 May 2014

Colour on my mind. canvas.


I am still thinking of male appropriate projects at the moment.  Last time I made a very functional little "faux leather" notebook for my father in law. But this time I am going for a bit of colour and a purely decorative item.

My canvas was firstly painted with acrylic paints. I then stamped on to tissue paper (the kind you wrap crockery and gifts in, not the kind you blow your nose on). I cut out the stamped images and words (both are from Tim Holtz stamp sets), and glued them in to place using decoupage glue.

I added remnant rubs, some craft tape, a bit of film strip ephemera and a Tim Holtz alterations die cut. I also spelled out the word "HIM" using die cut letters and attached them to the film strip ephemera.

I then coated it in a crackle varnish. let it dry (and crackle) then rubbed in (and wiped off) some more acrylic paint.

That's it really. a bit of colourful fun with a male theme.

7 comments:

  1. great canvas really love the combination of the film strip and pediment die cut.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, Louise. This canvas is gorgeous! I love your crackled effect on your background. Tim's pediment looks so cool at the top of this piece, too! I love that stamp that you've used as your focal point. I recently purchased that on one of Tim's classics stamp sets. I also love to stamp on tissue (not the kind you blow your nose with) and apply it on pieces. I still get amazed at how it just melts into the project! :) I also love your use of the Remnant Rubs and filmstrip at the top. Love it! Thanks for the kind comment you left on my blog as well. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it Louise! It is superb! C x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant! Like Candy I just ordered that Phrenology stamp too... It looks fab stamped on the tissue that you don't blow your nose in lol...
    Love how you used the film strip! Stunning project!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello Z, I have been a follower of Astrid for a while now and love her work, so thought I would look further into the rest ot this fabulous team of creatives. your work is magical, thanks so much for sharing your gift .
    I design for a few teams and love this hobby. I began with OTP and altered art and then progressed into LO's , but am now in the process of looking at Altered art once again and art journals . Just wondering do you have design teams calls ??
    hugz from Heather x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just gorgeous - effortless colour combining and fabulous crackle - wow!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete