A vintage journey - Spring blooms". and as i was over on their page i remembered they were Sponsored by Country View crafts (I am a shopaholic there), who also have a challenge blog. I checked it out and the theme there is "New beginnings!. Well spring and new beginnings just go hand in hand do they not? I altered a canvas using the reverse side.
My colour choices were inspired by two things...
1. Some tim holtz distress inks i had in a pile (peeled paint, shabby shutters, scattered straw and wild honey)
2. that special green you only see either in spring or during a thunder storm. you know the way the light changes during thunder and all the green pops? and in spring all the new growth is bright and vibrant. my chosen distress inks remind me of those greens and yellows.
Although the new growth is vibrant and bright, I am incapable of making anything that doesnt look vintage and scruffy ancient (I totally blame Tim Holtz for this obsession lol). so i had to get a cross between new, fresh and vibrant - with - old, distressed and shabby!!
"Tim inspirations" include:
1. well obviously my colour pallet chosen from my distress inks as mentioned before
2. the fact I am no longer capable of making anything that looks "modern" lol.
3. i had never heard of altered art until I was given Tims first DVD as a gift. and now altered art is my favourite format. he converted me.
4I have used some tattered flower die cuts for my blossom and one of tims Ephemera pieces (the clock at the back) as well as two of the beautiful ornate feet.
I can't wait to introduce you to ...........
19 hours ago