Sunday, 9 March 2014

Rusty spring time wall hanging: Inspired by Tim Holtz' March tag.



I ordered some large tags and when they arrived they were HUGE... I am terrible for not reading the measurements and having a ruler close by. so i decided, rather than doing a tag, I would do a wall hanging. I dont have many distress inks left, so couldnt copy the technique Tim was sharing but I was still very inspired by the fantastic stamp set he used on his March tag, so i used that as my inspiration. here is my version. you an see Tim's original version HERE.


I used corrugated card, painted to look rusty so it looks a bit like a rusty corrugated fence, as my base and the tag went in the middle. I do love Birds, eggs and nests as a theme and will be doing that a lot in the next few weeks. Spring is such a joyful time of year. full of hope and new beginnings. even when life feels dire, a bit of spring birdsong and some spring flowers, can still give you a few seconds pause from the difficult stuff life throws at us.
And as it is a jumbo tag (despite it now measuring over a foot long lol), I am entering it in to Simon says stamp's Wednesday challenge.

6 comments:

  1. Wow, this is absolutely awesome! Love the nest with the eggs, and everything. You're talented.

    Have a great Sunday! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is absolutely stunning!! The details are just gorgeous!! The nest and all of the eggs look amazing!! Love this!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous! Gives me an idea of what I can do with some of the eggs that I have left over from last Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE your Tim Tag! The textured background is amazing. Thanks for playing along with the Tag It! Challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I Love it! I think it looks great and I love that it's a mixed media type tag.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow - it's such a fantastic artwork! A great Interpretation of Tims Tag - i love it so much!

    ReplyDelete