Wednesday, 9 January 2013

On going book box project: Part One...

So about three years ago I went to the NECC Birmingham craft event and bought this box cabinet thing full of miniature hard books.....
Well I have never even LOOKED at it since, but decided last week that I wanted to get it prepared so I could alter some of the little books inside for Design teams, to show case some stamps etc. I have other plans for it too not just little books.
I decided at 10pm tonight (just all of a sudden got an urge lol) to start the outside. I thought I would share it with you although its only the front and one side done so far. I intend to do my first books for "The Artistic Stamper" when its my month. I have the ideas in my head and cant wait to get on with them but I have a lot of work to do on it before I start on the wee books.
I tried to make the cover reflect a few aspects of what books and reading mean to me.
Please click on the photos for full detail:
I am entering it in to the Three Muses challenge this week as their theme is "the written word". I feel this fits as, not only does it have vintage book pages decorating its sides, it is a "book box" full of little books...so an all round bookish theme.

11 comments:

  1. when ever I look at your work all I can think is 'wow' - the detail in your work is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WoW! What a gorgeous start you've made for the cover. It's going to be priceless! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! This is totally fabulishous!!! Lucky you to have the box and the books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is an amazing project already!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmmmmmm .... my mouth is watering again, this is simply fantastic and I am green with envy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a treasure this is - absolutley brimming with color and fascination. Beautiful artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous, Z and so typically you! I mean that in the nicest possible way! Can't wait to see what you do with the rest of it. x

    ReplyDelete