Saturday, 2 November 2013

a fantasy world inside a book.... (for calico crafts)

I have altered a book box on a "story world" and "Autumn" theme. Showing how a book can open up a new world when you read it, and, with some books, it can be a world of colourful fantasy and adventure.


I cut the middle out of the book box cover so you could  see right in to this book world. As i love autumn and as Calico crafts has lots and lots of lovely new floristry with acorns and toadstools included, I decided to add Autumn in to my theme.
I used some torn up book pages to mimic the look of book pages on the book box. i also cut out sections of the pages to attach as small banners around the box.
The backdrop  of the book box was cut from a sheet of "Kaisercraft basecoats". its the sheet wth all the autumn leaves.
I also used die-cut leaves that i painted with a variety of autumnal coloured "decoart traditions" paints (listed below)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Louise........I truly love this. Your creativity is so wonderful. There is so much detail here to look at.

    Fantastic

    TFS Annie x

    ReplyDelete