So I altered a journal I had in the house.
it started life like this.....
And now, with the help of DecoArt paints and lustres, it looks like this.....
I gave the journal a light sanding before starting as I was not sure what it was made of and if paint would adhere OK. then I used a stipple brush to add colour..
I stippled the colour on the book cover then glued on some moss and leaves... when the glue was dry i also stippled the moss and leaves with the paints. I wanted to use sprays but they are expensive. using inspiration from my craft buddy Trish, I made my own sprays using cheap spray bottles, acrylic paint and water. you can make it as strong or weak as you like. and to give it a twinkle like you get in mica sprays, I also added some of the metallic lustres. gave it a good shake till it was mixed and then sprayed. it worked a treat and added that touch of metallic glitz. I used some of the lustre on my finger to add highlights to some of the raised bits of the book and leaves. i finished it off with a universal sealer to protect it from the elements.