Monday, 29 July 2013

Christmas Angel book box: Kindle or ipad mini, case.

I have been altering book boxes this week. the first two were very involved: lots of grungey distressed and aged stuff going on and lots of ephemera and embellishments; but i decided to do the last one in a very clean simple manner (well compared to my usual).
I painted it in "Indian turquoise" DecoArt acrylic first, then gave it a coat of  DecoArt weathered wood crackle medium, then when that was touch dry, I added a coat of "light buttermilk" DecoArt acrylic paint and watched it crackle. when it was dry I gave it a couple of coats of DecoArt Sealer....
I printed my image on to fabric (attached to freezer paper to fit in the printer), ironed it to "fix" it and coated it with sealer too, to help protect the ink from running if it gets damp or wet somehow.
Then I simply glued on the lace and Dresden trim, I took my treasure gold around all the edges and the raised flower motif (that was on the box when i bought it)... Now, I wonder if I can fit a "Kindle" in there?


4 comments:

  1. gorgeous box, love the crackle effect with the blue underneath
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful crackle, gilding and a sweet image - just lovely.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love everything about your box Louise - it's beautiful.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh yummy colours, stunning crackle and if you put a kindle in there, you'll have to read romantic novels lol, this is such a nostalgic romantic piece!

    ReplyDelete