Tuesday, 28 May 2013

Scrapbooking: a beginners view.


After being given a HUGE bundle of scrapbook papers from Helen at Calico Crafts, I thought I would make an attempt to learn to do scrap-book layouts. Its not something i will do often as i still prefer to alter items but i did rather enjoy it.
I have been blogging them on the calico page as part of my design team commitments but this is a recap for my personal blog.
I am not one for keeping photos in frames or albums. mostly they are all in a big shoe box and since digital cameras came into being i just store them on my computer. but I do love old photos. I have a collection of old photos of my grandparents and great granparents (and great aunts and uncles), that all have that lovely sepia tone to them so I decided to try my hand at scrapbooking with those.

the first one i did was with my paternal grandfather taken with his army comrades during WWII.


the second is my great aunt Mima (on my fathers side):


this third one is my Dad and his mum (my gran):


and this last one is my other gran (mothers side):
 here it is without the photo so you can see how i built up the background...


All the papers and most of the other supplies are from Calico Crafts:

2 comments:

  1. I think they are just stunning, Zuzu - have seen most of them as we went, but it's wonderful seeing the development as you settle into your stride... gorgeous work!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your scrapbook pages Louise. A stunning way to show off these wonderful photographs of your relatives.
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete