Wednesday, 19 June 2013

Mixed media Canvas.

I altered this canvas using embellishments, lace and texture.... I had wanted to use an image of my Grandmother but all my old photos have been packed away till I move house (TUT)... so instead i have temporarily added an image from 7 gypsies trousseau papers.


I added a layer of textured papers and fabrics (lace etc) as well as some German/Dresden scraps... I then added some foliage and flower embellishments. when i had a composition I quite liked I made sure it was all glued into place, let the glue dry and then coated it all thoroughly in white "Gesso". Although i put a good solid coat of gesso on, I also made sure that the textures and shapes were nice and clear.
When the gesso was dry, I sprayed over the canvas sparingly with mica mist sprays (like tattered angels, glimmer mists, etc)... then i attached my image (coated in mod podge to seal and protect it). and lastly i added my arch window (also coated in gesso and sprayed).
Lastly I rubbed some treasure gold gilt wax polish around the edges and over some of the raised textured pieces of the canvas....  when I get my photos unpacked i will be replacing this image with one of  either one of my grans, May and Mary or my great aunt Mima


9 comments:

  1. such a pretty feminine canvas, I'm sure it will be perfect for the photo of your grandma
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colours are wonderful and make it have such a feminine and delicate look. Would love to see it again once the pic of your grandma is in place. Its beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh LOVE this!! Absolutely fabulous and almost Finnabair style, love the soft feminine colours. I am sure it will look really special with a real photo. Make sure you show it again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous canvas... I love that it's now ready and waiting for when your family photos emerge - beautiful!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A stunning creation - love the textures and the lovely colours.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Louise, love this, the colours are gorgeous and love the textures, a really beautiful canvas. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous textured piece Louise

    I absolutely love it and it will be even more special with one of the family photos.

    TFS

    Annie x

    ReplyDelete