Tuesday, 5 March 2013

Mothers day/Spring inspired specimen tray. for Calico Crafts


Helen from Calico Crafts,  kindly sent me one of the little sliding door specimen trays a little while ago and I decided to have a go at altering it. Keeping in mind my limited supplies right now, I went with another cut and glue approach but less rustic than my last diorama project. I was inspired by the sun shining and the sign of flowers making their way into the world in my garden. a lot of the plants i have were given to me from my mum. cuttings from her garden. she was a keen gardener and its great that, although she is dead now (alive in my heart), there is life in my little garden that shows up every spring that exists only because of my mothers green fingers:) . So although I cant give her a mothers day gift any more, I still decided to do something in her memory.



I didn't have my papers to use as they are packed away. I had wanted to use the Vintage decor Roses pack as it was perfect for the look i had in mind... however I did have a bit wrapping paper from a gift i was given recently that was very similar so I used that. i glued it on as usual and after it had dried I sanded all the edges. I smudged some chalk ink along the edges too.
then it was simply a case of sticking on some pink, spring garden, themed stuff.... the birds were cut from pieces of the K&Co flora and fauna ephemera.


Supplies used:
Specimen tray
Artemio letters
Chalk ink (pixie dust)
artemio leafy branch
speckled eggs
moss
wood rabbit
Chamomile flowers (taken from garland)
K&Co Flora and Fauna ephemera.

1 comment:

  1. A wonderful piece Louise and so good to see you crafting again!

    ReplyDelete