Wednesday, 13 March 2013

Going Postal: for Calico Crafts



I am back with another quick, easy, non-messy project for Calico Crafts.

I enjoyed decorating the mothers day specimen tray a few days ago so decided to strip it back and try another look on it.
This is a bit closer to my usual look; distressed and manky. I sanded all the pink stuff off and painted my Specimen tray with a brown wash. Then I used some of the 7 gypsies camden papers  which I managed to nab in the 7 gypsies sale now on on the web site (be quick as its only while stocks last)... I covered the tray in the same way as usual; glued the paper into place, let it dry and then sanded it back to make it look work.  after that it was pretty much a case of glueing papers and ephemera into place.  I like to ink all the edges of the tray, papers and ephemera with my gingerbread chalk ink before gluing  them in place.


Once all my bits of kaisercraft ephemera were inked to look shabby and aged i added them to the compartments using dimensional tape to give it a more 3D look. there is a 7gypsies ruler along the top (also from the sale so there may be none left). there is also a mini peg included and some sticker words.

4 comments:

  1. Gosh i've been so bad lately getting to visit peeps blogs, sorrweeeee, but i'm here now and loving this little ephemera rich project x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic work, just love it...:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is nothing manky about this!! Haven't had a chance to visit for a while but as usual lots of delightful things to look at. This is just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. just adore these trays....looks fab to me!

    ReplyDelete