Thursday, 18 October 2012

Birthday card:

It is my sons birthday tomorrow (19th Oct). can not believe he is 31 already. Anyway I forgot to buy a card so I had to MAKE ONE!!!!!! shock horror lol.

what will be of no surprise to you, is the card is made with layers of papers, distressed around the edges and stained with gingerbread chalk ink. (its the only kind of card i know how to make really).



this one was made using mostly Graphic 45 papers (ladies diary, reflections and olde curiosity shoppe).  you can get the chalk ink I used for ageing the edges HERE.  and the Kasiercraft ephemera from HERE....

The elements I included, reflect my sons interests, photography, watches, stylish (expensive) clothes and nice cars. Although he has never shown a particular interest in the 20s and 30s.. lol.

3 comments:

  1. Looks fantastic Z (my daughter was 31 this year too, scary eh?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He'll love it but even more so, that you created it...and to think you used to say you couldnt make cards....and I always told you that you could!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I totally agree with Paula!! Fab card and I would say you should do it more often. I'm sure he'll adore it and I hope he is having a fab day!

    ReplyDelete