Wednesday, 1 August 2012

Holidays: Artistic Stamper Challenge

Well its the 1st of a new month, and that means there is a new Challenge theme going on, over at "The Artistic stamper Creative Team" blog... And the theme is holidays! well, you could be forgiven for forgetting its holiday season right now. However, I did not allow the rain to dampen my spirits, as I had decided to use "A British seaside holiday", as my inspiration. clearly its a British seaside holiday of long gone days as, this year, you would have been as wet out of the sea as you were in it.

I made an acetate card. To make the card, I simply folded and cut out a square(ish) card from a sheet of acetate. I used up the scraps to stamp out the film strip stamp.  on the reverse side (the side i didnt stamp on) I coloured the film strip with a light touch of "alcohol Ink". I used butterscotch and rust. I also used a punch, to punch out the holes along the edge of the film strip.

next I stamped out some images from the seaside stamp collection, and coloured them in. I cut them to size and attached them to the film strip...  I stamped the fish on to paper and coloured him in, then attached him to some acetate and cut him out. I wanted him to be sturdy so I could stick him with his tail hanging off the edge of the card.
I stamped the bubbles straight on to the acetate card.

As you cant write on an acetate card unless you add an insert, (and that detracts from the point of using the acetate) then i decided to make a tag to write my greeting on. I made another acetate filmstrip and attached it to the inside like a pocket.  I stamped and inked my tag and slipped it inside.



It was very simple to do, but quite effective I think.



Please do go over to the Creative team blog and see what the rest of the creative team have come up with for the "holiday" theme.  probably based on more of a  longing than fact. here's hoping we get much more sunshine next summer. And please consider taking part too.


Stamps used:

Film strip
seaside No1
borders A6 #2
Labels


3 comments:

  1. very clever acetate card with tag...the colours are lovely and summery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving your beautiful creation, x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a magical effect with those beautifully inked and stamped pieces 'floating' around on the acetate - so clever, and so beautiful!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete