Thursday, 5 July 2012

More hot air balloons....


More hot air balloons....This time for Calico Crafts.
I used one of the boxes from the set of domed lidded boxes (fabulous bargain considering the nice big sizes they are. I use lots of these boxes)...
Firstly I took the hinges and lock off.... 

Then I coloured the box using Versamagic chalk inks in Sea Breeze and Gingerbread. then stamped on the fantastic ( I am in love with them) hot air balloon stamps by Hampton Art. I coloured the balloons in very faintly using water colour pencils (and water) and dabbed off the excess colour with some kitchen roll. I then took one of the crackle stamps from Andy Skinners stamp set "Tempting textures" and  stamped randomly, over the box, using gingerbread chalk ink. heat dry the chalk ink so it sets or wait till you are sure it is completely dry. Once the chalk ink was dry or heat set,  I sealed it using a deco art brush on sealer ( I used a matt one), then I glued on some german/ dreden scrap trim. I also coloured that slightly with the gingerbread chalk ink and heat dried it so it became more permanent.

I put the box back together but used my own hinges and lock from my stash instead of the new silver looking ones the box was made with.


2 comments:

  1. wonderfully decorated box...love the gold trimmings, they really add that special finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been out of blog land for a little bit but trying to catch up. I've seen your last few posts and they are awesome! I love this little chest. SO cool...Love the hot air balloons. I also love them on the tags you've done on a later post than this one. And your most recent tea tray...adorable. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete