Sunday, 10 June 2012

Quick card for calico crafts...

 
I have said before, that when I get new stamps, the first thing I do to test them out is a quick card or tag. well last night was a card. I got  new 'Hampton Art' stamps.. hot air balloons.
You know, they actually look great simply stamped in a group of three in simple black and white... (thats when I know I like a stamp.. when it stands alone well like that....
anyhoooo... after stamping out some on plain cards (coloured in a couple to send off with some ATCs) I then decided to make a slightly more involved card (but still super easy)...

I used a piece of the new 7 gypsies papers (Antiquaries Postale)  which all have a nice postal or airmail look to them... Calico crafts have this in stock and they hope to have it listed in the shop very soon.
I also used 7 gypsies 'lille' stamps (its at this point i wish i had had a stamp that said 'par avion' but i guess technically it would have been inaccurate.. 'airmail' would have been good...  but alas, I have no such stamp, if indeed such a stamp is made.) well as I dont have such a stamp, I stamped some text and the word "adventure" on to the paper using red and blue ink..


the balloon was stamped and cut out and mounted on to the blue sky in the framed 'painting'  with 3d foam tape.  the edges of the paper is (as usual) scruffed up and distressed. and the little frame is by 'artimeo'....  everything used is from 'Calico Crafts'.

2 comments:

  1. Cool card and I Lurve the look of those papers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always looking for inspiration for male cards with 3 sons. Love this card.

    ReplyDelete