Monday, 25 June 2012

Home is where the plaque is: For Calico Crafts


I made this simple shabby chic (and may I say , in rather muted colours for me) "home plaque".
I used the vasaline (petroleum jelly) technique to stop the top white coat of paint from adhering to the whole plaque and to add some extra age worn look, I used an Andy Skinner crackle stamp over the white in a sympathetic colour toned ink to the paint. the trees and house were coloured with versamagic chalk inks.

I couldnt decide what to use as a background for the photo, so I took two... one very "pretty" garden look, and one shabby and distressed paintwork look.

Supplies used from calico Crafts:

Artemio Wooden plaque HERE
Decoart paint HERE
Artemio House and tree/branch shape HERE
Andy Skinner stamps HERE
Versamagic chalk ink (Pixie dust, turquoise gem and sea breeze) HERE

7 comments:

  1. Both views are nice. Awesome background technique, one of my favorits and your shabby colours are sooooo yummy (:o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a lovely plaque Louise, love all those crackles, I can never get big crackles...lol
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well I admit to also struggling to get a consistently effective crackle with every method I try. I seem to do well the first time around then when i try the same method again, it just doesnt work out... but this was easy as its not actually really a crackle.. its a rubber STAMP.. yes indeedy.. its so effective that it looks like a real live crackle.. and with the stamp, you can control where you put it. ( I recommend getting yourself a couple of different crackle effect stamps. (third attempt at this due to typos lol)

      Delete
  3. I love your plaque Louise, the colours are beautiful and very much in vogue at the moment too. Hugs Rita xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andy is awesome :) I need some of his background stamps next I think! Lovely piece, liking the colours, very peaceful :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi louise, Love your plaque, course it's my colours lol..... love the crackle background xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this and the way you have used the weathered wood crackle stamp Louise... obviously not biased here whatsoever :)

    ReplyDelete