Saturday, 9 June 2012

Drift...... For calico Crafts.









I have made this ocean themed, drift wood effect hanging from one of the flotsam plaques. it was much bigger than I imagined (as I Never read measurements and should really learn from that lol... ), and my original design plan for it, was not going to work out. but now I am glad it was bigger than I thought. its totally cool and meant i could add some chunky embellishments and points of interest.
I added some texture to it first, then built up layers of colour using sprays, paints and alcohol inks etc.

To decorate the plank once it was all ocean coloured and textured, I stamped the word "drift" on to some driftwood discs. I used some of the netting from the bag that the driftwood sticks come in, as well as some moss and a cute wee boat. (I rusted my boat as it looked too new so didnt look like it "belonged").

I finished it off with a few shells and an inked up starfish (all bought at the shops on the shore about 10 miles from where i live)...

The string is taken from the packaging of the drift wood discs. (free string is the best kind).


Supplies used:
Flotsam plank HERE
decorating (texture) paste HERE
driftwood discs HERE
little boat HERE
Moss  HERE

5 comments:

  1. Love your hanging. Lots of lovely details and textures I just want to touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Louise, loving your driftwood plaque, rusted to perfection. I can imagine it creaking as it blows in the wind. Fabulous. XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your driftwood plaque, great textures and I love how you've put all the elements together.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi louise this is gorgeous. I just love wood and the colours you have used really show this piece off. TFS x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your nautical hanging, Louise! The colors are fabulous and I love the weathered textures! The little shells and netting are so cool! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete