Wednesday, 9 May 2012

Distressed vintage "ticket" box: masculine item made for Calico Crafts.


There are not many crafting weeks left before the UK Fathers day in June... so this month I hope to be showing some altered art projects that are still vintage and distressed (my usual) but highly suitable for the men in your life. This box could contain a gift to make it more suitable to the hobbies and loves of the recipient. eg: shaving set and aftershave for the well groomed man... shoe polishing kits for the man who likes to be turned out well... spices and preserves for the cook...  etc etc



The large wooden box (from the set of boxes) was altered by, first, giving it a coat of paint. Then I glued on some 7 gypsies papers. When the glue dried, I sanded back all the paper edges to give them an aged worn look. I used my Versamagic chalk inks to add more distressing (gingerbread and turquoise gem).


I continued decorating the lid using a fabulous "vintage label". the label is self adhesive. I glued one of the beautiful metal crowns in the middle and then decorated some wooden numbers, using collage papers and versamagic inks. the rusty star is the finishing touch for the lid....
I added some randomly placed tickets and 'rusty hearts and stars' around the edges then wrapped rusty wire around the whole box.....






Supplies used from Calico Crafts:
Wooden box HERE
7 gypsies papers Camden papers HERE
Vintage label HERE
rusty wire HERE
rusty hearts and stars HERE
crown HERE
wooden numbers HERE
collage paper (For covering the numbers) HERE
versamagic chalk ink HERE

6 comments:

  1. Loving your colourful altered box, x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way cool box!!! I love it!!! The colors are amazing! I love the crowns and the wooden numbers and...well, everything about it! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the box ..... amazing Love everything about it....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning box, love the top specially and the rusty wire!!

    ReplyDelete