Friday, 18 May 2012

book of curiosities...


I started work on one of the fab book boxes, using graphic45 scrapbook papers. I have found this "Olde curiosity shoppe" range, very inspiring for altered art. And you can make something very impressive with very little effort. cut, distress, glue....So far I have done the front cover and the spine so I thought I would share it and just post more as I make progress.

I cut the lady in two and articulated her with a brad. made her a bit 3D with dimensional tape on her skirt, before sticking her on the front..


EDITED....
well I am back: got the rest of this done in time so here it is. I decided to keep the inside pretty simple, so it can actually be used to put things inside....

I used some of the "large collage sheet" for the surround. I know it doesnt really look like bookpages as you wouldnt see any text, but it still gives a hint to the theme I think.

I also used some bits of 7gypsies collage tissue for what would be the inside cover (the edges that stick out from the box sides.


Supplies from calico Crafts:
Papers HERE
book box HERE
7Gypsies collage tissue HERE
large collage sheet HERE
Versamagic inks HERE (jumbo java to colour the spine and gingerbread to distress the edges of all the collage work)

12 comments:

  1. wow they are beautiful Zuzu. Enjoy the weekend, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Louise ,your book box is terrific. I was given one many years ago now to make a little room for Christmas, and now you have inspired me to get started. The cover is perfectly done and the inside is as beautiful as the outside. Have a lovely day. Hugs Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you rita... do let me know if you get it done. I would love to see.
      Z x

      Delete
  3. Amazingly beautiful, your book is over the top gorgeous, love how you altered it and added that key to the lady, brilliant find!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ira. the key actually is part of the lady on the paper. I just decided to articulate her in the middle, like a string puppet, using brad.

      Delete
  4. Very cool indeed! This is just such a brilliant collection, love it too and it really suits a book box. LOVE what you have done with it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Das ist großartig!
    Sensationell, gefällt mir sehr.

    Liebe Grüße

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Louise, fabulous book box, those papers are stunning, gorgeous inside and out. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow Louise what amazing projects, so many wonderful details
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Louise this is absolutely fabulous. I plan to alter a book and your creation has certainly given me inspiration so you are now on my sidebar so I can keep up to date with your pieces. Crafty hugs Annie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Annie. I am glad to have been a source of some inspiration... good luck with you altered book :)
      z x

      Delete
  9. LOVE your book!!! I made a project that will be featured in a couple of weeks on Simon Says Stamp and Show using those same papers! They are so much fun! Your book is amazing!! I love how you've taken little pieces from the papers and made them all fit into such a fantastic book! Beautiful! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete