Tuesday, 10 April 2012

As predicted, another matchbox...

An altered matchbox (this was the long, cooks matches sort of box, so its nice and big). Matchboxes come in quite a few shapes and sites (ok; mostly rectangle but different dimensions of rectangle) and fear not if you dont have matches (so no matchbox)... Calico crafts sell nice clean white new matchboxes on their website. they even have triangular pie shaped ones! (details will be listed at the bottom of the post in the supplies list.)

I covered my matchbox in 7 gypsies papers (inside and out) then decorated it. I firstly used chalk inks (gingerbread) all around the edges to age the paper just a little. then i glued on my embellishments to build up a little mini diorama. I used K&Co Ephemera, wooden shapes, lace and some metal bits i had in my personal stash.I coloured my wooden tree using 'chalk inks' in 'gingerbread' and 'turquoise gem'.

The two birds were cut from one embellishment collage piece... I have to say, these K&Co packs of ephemera are jam packed with bits.. some really big bits too, I also cut all the fern decoration from one piece of fern collage image; AND everything, in this pack, was double sided ( a bonus if you are suspending anything or attaching to glass or acetate etc. )

Because I use the vellum butterfly from the K&Co flora and fauna vellum and card-stock ephemera, I would like to add this to the challenge over at the stamp man....


Supplies used from Calico Crafts:

Matchbox HERE

7 gypsies papers (conservatory)HERE

K&Co Ephemera HERE (I used the flora and fauna cardstock and vellum pack)

wooden tree HERE

lace HERE

Versamagic chalk inks HERE

4 comments:

  1. Love your altered matchbox and a lovely big one at that. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful altered project... my favourite 7 gypsies papers too. Thank you for joining us at The Stampman Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I love this! The colours are great, loving the blue with the 7gypsies paper :)

    ReplyDelete