Wednesday, 4 April 2012

Afternoon tea and tiffin....

Well i haven't had a chance to craft in the last few days, but I did get a chance to create. I got some lovely cake stands, made from Reclaimed vintage plates, by my friend Louise Pringle. they are very eclectic so I went out charity shop shopping and found some china cups and saucers and held a tea party with some of my friends.
the creating was 6 hours of baking, cooking and food preparation... we had a great day and yes, we ate it ALL... lol.The cake stand.... Top layer, chocolate tiffin: middle layer, lemon drizzle cake: bottom layer, fresh scones with fresh whipped strawberries and cream.

The savoury stand... Top layer: Caramelised onion and goats cheese in pastry spoons. Bottom layer, Cucumber and lemon mayo, open sandwiches.

And because we are human and cant live off of cucumber sandwiches, we had a plate full of more savoury sandwiches too (crusts cut off lol) ...

3 comments:

  1. how wonderful, lovely to see cake stands and home made cakes
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow these stands and their contents are fabulous. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow shame I don't live nearer I would have popped round with my doggy bag LOL!! The cakes look yummy. I was eyeing up some beautiful china at Emmaus recently sorely tempted, but no where to store it. xx

    ReplyDelete