Sunday, 18 March 2012

Hand bound Scrapbook (part 2): for calico crafts

Well, as promised I am back with more of my scrapbook I am making from the little hand stitched book I made. Still cant find the link to the tutorial BUT I have found something similar and added it to my facebook page if you are interested on how to stitch your own book.

So here are the next two pages; still on the flora and fauna topic but moving from birds towards butterflies. I also decided to have a tonal change as, although i love everything to look old, distressed and shabby, I do like a bit of colour now and then. not always brown or sepia tones.

This one has been done using duck egg looking tones and turquoises. I am still using the same papers, lots of 7 gypsies butterfly rubbings and the K&Co ephemera . You can get a lot out of them once you start cutting in to them.

The ephemera pack had a little image of a book cover so I used it as a mini book within the book (a flap to lift is all really lol)

And another colour change for the next two pages... Pink tones but vintage dusky pink and still a lot of brown to keep it looking the same age as the rest of the book. And more of the Flora than the Fauna.

I am still using the same supplies here. I think the only addition is I invested in a sheet of the label stickers from K&Co which arrived as I started the pink page. very nice quality stickers.. glossy.. embossed lettering etc... and what did I do? I bashed them around and aged them to look scruffy and dull!!

I added a sheet of the 6x6 Lille (7 gypsies) as i already had that book of papers at home.


Supplies Used from Calico Crafts (so far):

7 gypsies conservatory scrapbook papers HERE

7 gypsies "Lille" stamp set HERE

7 Gypsies metal book corners HERE

7 gypsies rubbings HERE

7 gypsies 6x6 papers Lille. HERE

K&Co Flora and fauna papers HERE

K&Co Flora and Fauna Ephemera pack HERE

Versamagic chalk inks in "Sea breeze" "turquoise gem" "gingerbread" "Pixie Dust" HERE

5 comments:

  1. Wow Louise your book is a dream.
    Fantastic colors and design. Love it.

    Have a lovely sunday. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is a lovely book ! Love those papers and the colours !

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's coming along nicely!! Love the 'botanical illustration' look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pure gorgeousness, love every single detail. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous, the images are gorgeous as is the layout. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete