Wednesday, 22 February 2012

Nature tag For Calico crafts.

I used some 7 gypsies papers and stamps to make this jumbo tag. I don't make cards very well so decided to make a tag for my mother in law for mothers day. i have put a fresh piece of cream card-stock on the back so we can write a message. I aged everything in the usual fashion, some gingerbread and jumbo java chalk inks blended round the edges and I stamped the word and stars out in jumbo java.

The main backing is 7 gypsies paper cut from a sheet of 12x12... the little wrapped letter is from the K&Co ephemera pack (flora and fauna) which, despite making several art journal pages and a few other projects using bits from the pack, seems to be lasting me ages. The small ivy leaf is also from the ephemera pack and the larger ones are cut from the ivy wreath available in the floristry section. there is a teeny wee keyhole in the center of the "tied letters" from the Malissa Frances, Vintage Attic range. I tucked a "WISH" ticket in to the twine i tied around the image of the tied letters. (My sons girlfriend brought me a whole roll of wish tickets back from her trip to San Fransisco. very cool. I have used some rusty wire around the bottom and cream/ivory lace. The whole tag was mounted on to hessian (or Burlap as Mr Holts would say) and a piece of embroidered guipure daisy trim was threaded through the whole at the top. Final touch was a wee feathered butterfly.

I think thats it... I'm a bit disorganised in the old noggin at the moment so probably gave a disorganised description , but I am sure you get the gist.

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow!!! This is such a beautiful tag! I love your burlap background and the lace on the bottom of the front with the rusty wire wrapped around the tag as well. Just a beautiful tag and elements! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh this is gorgeous ! Love the colours, the textures !

    ReplyDelete