Tuesday, 28 February 2012

Lost and Found: Canvas

A crafting friend (Kathy) and I, got to talking about "unfinished projects"... you know the kind? you have a great idea.. get started then get a bit lost so just never seem to finish it. We both agreed that a second opinion was often needed for these projects. Then Kathy said (more as a joke than anything) that we should finish off each others projects. I POUNCED on the idea lol (poor Kathy). and we agreed to do a swap.

Kathy had started a string textured canvas and had got as far as the background... I happened to have a canvas that i had used to show a pupil how to do a particular textured background on, but had tossed it to one side never to be looked at again. so Kathy now has my canvas to work on, and I have hers.I decided to grunge Kathy's canvas up a bit and add some curios to it to give it a bit of a 'lost and found items' feel.
its very vintage distressed, so i do hope Kathy likes that look. it did arrive with me as a very rich bright and clean looking background. I have made it manky...
too late I cry.. lol.. its done and will be getting posted back to her next week.

9 comments:

  1. From now on, I am sending all my work for you to finish, stunning! Do you do housework too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL nice try Kathy .... but I do my own housework under duress. cant see me doing anyone else's unless there was a financial gain to buy craft stuff. I do think this unfinished project swap was a fun experiment and a good idea for swaps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'tis gorgeous Z - looks like the plan worked!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terrific canvas and loaded with embellies. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous swap idea, and amazing canvas, the colours are rich and coppery and definitely not manky. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness!!! Your finished out canvas is amazing!!! If Kathy doesn't like it, I'm calling "DIBS" on it! haha It's beautiful! I love all the depth, color and texture. Just amazing! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a brilliant idea :) and stunning the way it's turned out
    Von xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. BRAVO Louise!!! You are so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete