Thursday, 23 February 2012

Jumbo Tag: For Katzelkraft

I am calling it a tag because of its shape, but really its more of a wall hanging as its pretty huge for a tag. around 8 inches tall (not including the wire it hangs from)....

It is a pretty basic layered effect. I cut the hessian (Burlap) to size, then a piece of corrugated card slightly smaller, for the basic tag. I coloured a piece of torn out paper using antique linen and scattered straw, distress ink, then I stamped the Egypt map out on to it. i further distressed it with gingerbread coloured versamagic chalk ink. I also stamped out and coloured / distressed the hieroglyphs and Tutankhamen's mask.
The layered pyramids and sphinx at the bottom are stamped on kraft card and some have been coloured using distress inks. some have been left neutral. I cut them out and layered them up randomlu adding some little hessian and corrugated card pyramids in between.
The rest is just glue and embellishments; 4 metal scarabs and an ornate filigree corner with a piece of rusty wire threaded through it.
I used the A5 plate "Egypte" from Katzelkraft (also available in the UK from The Craft Barn)

5 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous. Love how you have created the pyramids from the hessian ( now I know what burlap is LOL) and card. Great textures, looks so authentic. I love it all. XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful tag! I love the teal and tan combination! I also love the burlap background and then burlap texture added to the tag. Awesome! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's really breathtaking how you can match everything together. All the little bits and pieces...and the colour combination is just awesome.
    Elly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning tag!
    Looks fantastic.

    Have a nice weekend, dear Louise!
    Wishes
    MARTINA oxo

    ReplyDelete