Thursday, 9 February 2012

hand book binding: Little notebook.

I have been learning basic bookbinding and making lots of little notebooks. A friend asked me to make a notebook with "paris" as the theme. Rather than just hand her the blank book, i decided to decorate the first four pages. she can scribble all she likes in the other pages. I hand stitched in a book binding stitch and made sure I added lots of pages for her. She has a specific purpose for it and gave me a rough idea how many pages she would like in it...

I used the book covers by 7Gypsies as well as some 7 gypsies tissue paper... (available from Calico Crafts) and the stamps are all by Katzelkraft.

I used the plates "Norris English quotes" and "Paris monuments". you can find them both HERE

These are also available for UK customers at "The Craft Barn."

5 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous little notebook, your friend will love it. It looks like a French Flea Market find, seriously need some katzelkraft stamps. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving your work gorgeous books and boxes...my favourite things! Will be looking out for your design in the March Craft Stamper mag...it is a fabulous read.
    Kind REgards
    Judith
    http://creativestudio10.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful little book!! I love all of the rich, deep tones you've used as your backgrounds. That book binding technique is intriguing! Yours is wonderful! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an awesome book and those stamps wow !

    ReplyDelete