Friday, 16 September 2011

Phileas Fogg's Map holder. Designed for Calico Crafts

Helen from Calico Crafts sent me this little door hanger container. I decided to put it together with some of the 7 gypsies papers I bought from her, and create this vintage looking map holder.
the metal corner embellishments and the metal ring (a part from an old pocket watch) were from my own personal stash.
It shows how easy it is to get a nice looking wee item with just some paper and glue. I added the papers with glue then used some "Vintage photo" distress ink. I applied it with some of the blending pads... then I put a coat of Mod Podge on it. after that its was just a case of sticking on some nice bits of metal.

6 comments:

  1. its always amazing what you can do with the right paper and the right person doing the creating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea and Waaa Hoooo...for the vintage look(:o)
    Elly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!! This turned out beautifully! I love the rich browns and the contrast between the oceans and the land on the tall background. I also love your embellishments!!! You never cease to amaze me with your creativity!!! Love your work! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what a fantastic project. Absolutely stunning !! Just been catching up with your art and am so impressed and inspired. simply gorgeous
    hugs June

    ReplyDelete
  5. Would never have thought of using the door hanger boxes like this - very inspirational. Those papers are just fab aren't they?

    ReplyDelete