Tuesday, 2 August 2011

Renaissance Tag: Designed for Katzelkraft (SSSS)

Hi there. Well at last I have felt able to sit and craft. It feels like forever since I was last able (3 weeks). I made this tag for Katzelcraft using both the Da Vinci sets I have. Vinci Joconde and Vinci Vutuvre. (also available in the UK from the Craft barn). The main image of Mona is stamped on to a sheet of Mica and surrounded with a frame made from friendly plastic in various colours but predominantly red green and gold. the frame had shapes pressed in to it while it was warm and I used Treasure gold gilt wax polish to highlight the raised areas. I also stamped the word "renaissance" on to a piece of mica. The background of the tag also has some of the Vinci stamps on it. And the theme at Simon Says Stamp and Show this week is "Show a TAG" so I am joining in with this one here.I would like to thank my friend Val of Bedecked Beads for giving me the wonderful gift of a huge bundle of craft goodies. the Mica, the tassel and the friendly plastic were all given to me by her. Thank you Val. x

10 comments:

  1. Love it!Thanks for sharing.
    Got some friendly plastic laying around, have not tried it yet.Surely inspired now thanks.
    Andrea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow stunning it makes you want to touch it
    hus

    ReplyDelete
  3. lots of visula interest - really like how youve used the friendly plastic

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous tag. The red and gold is so opulent. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very creative use of friendly plastic and I love the mica and perfect image too. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mona never looked so good! Awesome design and colours! Great tag!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all the 3D going on here. Such rich colours too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful, the FP frame is fabulous Louise!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Z,Great use of the FP and as always striking to the eye,beautiful. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Zuzu. Love your Renaissance tag. It's just beautiful! So many cool elements went into this tag. Love it! Thanks for sharing it with Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge this week! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete