Saturday, 9 July 2011

Vintage steampunk style Games. Designed for Calico Crafts.

So the other day I made an Altered domino case (Its two posts down)... And today I set about making some vintage games to go inside. Picture Dominoes and the game "pairs". I used solid wooden rectangles from Calico Crafts.

I think handing a set of altered hand made dominoes over in a hand altered box or case would make a fantastic gift. Especially at Christmas when playing games is a main feature of the day for many.For the Dominoes you will need 28 wooden pieces Available HERE. And you will need 7 images each printed out 7 times (or if its not a digital collage sheet you will need 7 sheets of your images.)

Stain the wood pieces, stamp cogs on the back,(This cog stamp is from Katzelkraft,) and then stick your images on to the other side. I distressed them a bit and added gilt wax polish around the edges in a copper tone to make them more vintage, before spraying with Varnish.
I used images from ARTChix.For the game set of "Pairs" you really can make it any size as long as you have two of each image. I Dont think any less than 12 would be much fun unless you are making it a children's set. (be sure to sand and varnish everyting well if its going to be for kids.Of course you can paint the wooden rectangles bright shiny colours and add modern images, nature images, family photos, Alphabets for kids etc.... I just have a tendency toward vintage distressed and steampunky.

6 comments:

  1. Your work is just amazing, dear Louise! I love looking at your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea..the dominos. Love the vintage, steampunk look. And the box..oh my...you're making daily favorits. Unbelievable...xoElly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great idea with beautiful images. Don't think I'd want to play with them - I'd just want to sit and stroke them! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Wow and wow! I love what you created to put inside your sensational box! I really enjoy your inspirational blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your steampunk dominos are awesome, what a fab idea :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all. I appreciate it. nice and simple idea really and the colours and style of your images are endless....

    ReplyDelete