Monday, 4 July 2011

Sewing Kit:Designed for Crafty Individuals.

So the new stamps arrived from Crafty Individuals. I have to admit when I saw the dressmaking ones I panicked a bit.. I dont DO sewing and dressmaking, not in real life and in general not as a theme. because i dont care much about fashion or for shopping for it I guess it makes it a topic I cant quite identify with. HOWEVER lol..... the new stamps are sort of cool and so I actually felt inspired...My friend in Canada sent me this cool little plain wooden purse thing and I decided to decorate /alter it and turn it in to a travel sewing kit. I had thought I could send it back to her now its finished but realised she would get as much use out of a sewing kit as I would LOL.When it was finished i added a chain to carry it and realised it was a cute little carry purse too (if you take the sewing stuff out.)
Its done in this months Crafty Individuals challenge theme "Dusky Pink, Cream and brown.". go take a look and join in. Winners get to choose a free stamp. (and I get to pick the 5 winners...cool...)

I used the stamps CI-322 and CI 323

18 comments:

  1. Oh wow you have done an amazing job with the stamps, x

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG...I'm speachless, this is awesome, i love it, i want it. I'm a real fan of the 20's and 30's fashion and this bag fits perfect. I'm really on my knees..so beautiful (:o) Elly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous piece, I love sewing themed pieces at the min so I love this. Beautifully decorated and great use of the stamps. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its gorgeous!! I love, love, love it, so cool. I want it too! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL Thank you so much ladies.

    I think the craft barn have something similar to this purse.. will go check. If they do then, get the stamps and the purse then email me for instructions and you can make your own lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK so yes they do have something very very similar at the craft barn..

    http://www.thecraftbarn.co.uk/product.php/19766/wooden-handbag

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this is absolutely gorgeous. Fabulous decoration. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think i will find something simular here, but i ordered the stamps and told them you send me (:o))Elly

    ReplyDelete
  9. lol thank you Elly. If you cat find something like it then maybe we can design one from grungeboard or maybe alter a little box on the same theme using the same techniques? anyway, just email me at Zuzuspetals62@hotmail.com and I will go through it with you :) (its really easy)
    Zx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Louise, just got the CI stamps as prize so would be good to have the instructions. I hate sewing too so would use it as a little bag. Such a lovely idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just email me at the above address and I will make up a quick instruction thing on it to email back

    Z x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is beautiful-what a wonderful friend

    ReplyDelete
  13. Totally deliciously superb - love it! Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  14. How utterly wonderful your creation is.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You did it again...It's lovely, I like it!!
    Thanks for sharing Jolande

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is gorgeous! I'd say you do sewing quite well. Your work is always amazing and this one is no exception.

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow this is fantastic !! I am so impressed Zuzu you are an inspiration my friend.
    If you get chance to pop by my dezinaworld blog please do, and grab the magical midnight background freebie and check out the challenges etc.
    Have a wonderful day
    hugs June xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Amazing, what a fabulous purse truly awe inspiring.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete