Wednesday, 13 July 2011

Copper'n'cogs; Gingersnap Creations.

I had a little box sitting at the bottom of a pile of "things to alter" and decided to give it an old "copper and rivets" Steampunk sort of look. I used an image from an ARTChix digital collage sheet and a couple of the "Eco shape gears" from ARTChix. the paint is from the same folks as do the rust stuff (they have no rust stuff left due to me recommending it to you all and now I have run out LOL ironic haha) .... anyway, I digress... this paint is the copper paint and Green Patina or Verdigris. the little watch parts i have used as sprinkles come from Calico Crafts. i sprinkled them on freely and still have plenty left in the bag. (ps; I would have linked you directly to the items but the site seems to be having an issue right now sorry)

Over at Gingersnap Creations, the theme is"machines, and the supply challenge is Gears, Cogs and Watch parts.. (it was made for me... can I enter my whole blog? lol.. NO? OK well I will enter this as its new...)

14 comments:

  1. I love the sort of steampunk look, and the green patina combination. Beautifully done, and very artistic as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my...(:o)..but this colour combination looks also fantastic...as everything contacting your fingers. Elly

    ReplyDelete
  3. love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...yet another fabulous piece! LOVE IT. Love the colors, all the intricate details you have on all your pieces and the vintage image is way cool! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome creation ... love all of the wonderful details ... so glad you joined us at Gingersnap Creations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can hardly believe this isn't real metal. This is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow this is spectacular Zuzu, especially love the green patina. So pleased you are playing along with us at Gingersnaps. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is totally astounding, Zuzu!!! WOW! I love it!

    XO
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! This looks like a treasure box full of magic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooo....I love your Steampunk trunk! It's perfect. Thanks for joining us at Gingersnap Creations!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your box Louise, the colours really are great and totally go with the theme!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wohow, that's a breathtaking box, just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on this piece being chosen as a Ginger Gem at Gingersnap Creations, Zuzu!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just saw this on Gingersnaps--it is purely amazing, Zuzu!!! Congratulations!!!

    XO
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete