Thursday, 23 June 2011

rust (really? surely not?) yes yes MORE rust lol

So yes its another rusted project. (But I love rust lol)
We had a "Tag Swap" on the Katzelkraft design team. However we were to do our own style and no need to stamp or use the team stamps. So of course I went for chunky and rusty. Aided by the fact I drew Neil's name, so i was allowed to make it a bit more masculine too :)
Happy as a pig in the proverbial...This has been made using one of Tim Holtz manilla tags, a piece of card with a book page cut in to a tag shape to match (only longer) and a piece of corrugated card cut in to the tag shape and the longest part. So they all match at the top but are graduated at the bottom. the manilla tag has ARTChix eco card gears glued on then the rusting paint technique painted over. after that its just a selection of eclectic bits n bobs really. The main feature being a drawer pull (taken to bits) and added top and bottom (thank you for that Gillian.. must find more of these).
I am entering it in to Zoe and Sam's challenge JUST FOR FUN as their theme is steampunk (thanks for the heads up Zoe x). I could probably enter every second object I make for a steampunk theme these days :)
thank you for looking

17 comments:

  1. Wow ! Wow and more wow !!!!!!!!!! How do you do it !!!! What an amazing piece I am flabbergasted and believe you me I don't flabbergast easily , can you tell I like it just a little bit . ??

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant just want to touch it hold it and turn it round and over! Great tag!? a TAG!

    We have a Steampunk theme this week at Just for Fun this would be so perfect if you were to share it there. XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  3. the background to your tag has the wow factor, bet Neil will love it
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Neil is going to be seriously blown away with this little beauty.I love your rusting technique - must have a chat with you about that one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing piece Zuzu it has so much depth to it you'd never guess it was just card and paper under all that amazing hardwear :)
    So pleased to have you join us at Just for Fun
    Von x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally stunning tag Zuzu, it really does look like rust. Another fabulous rusting. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so amazing! I just love everything you have done - pure genius. Thanks for joining us at JFF - Hugs, Neet x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic! I love the chunky look of this

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW, Stunning, it really does look like rust, I thought it was until I read on!!!

    Thanks for joining JFF this week with your creation

    Sam xxx

    http://sam21ski.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow!! This is really stunning.............

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! I love this-rusty and old everything I love.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That looks really great, dear Louise!

    Have a nice weekend
    Hugs
    MARTINA oxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is one seriously cool rusty tag Z, love the way you have incorporated the drawer pull, Neil is one lucky guy getting something as cool as this.

    Gillian
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an amazing piece!! I LOVE rust too!! Your elements are wonderful, fabulous job!!
    I'm visiting from JFF!!
    xxDaniella

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW !!! Fabulous tag love the rusty look.
    Janet x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, absolutely fantastic tag.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is stunning Louise , what an inspiration :-)

    ReplyDelete