Saturday, 11 June 2011

Designed for ARTChix: Rusty Steampunk style box.

I got these cool "eco embellishment gears" from Helga at ARTChix and used them to decorate a plain light wood box. Firstly I glued the eco shapes on to the box, then i painted over the whole thing with Iron based paint followed by a rust activator. once it was dry I attached the larger metal objects, gave it another coat of the paint and rust activator and all done. I will put a protective Varnish coat on it tomorrow when it has dried.

And for Jill who left a comment asking for a "before" picture... here is the blank box. I got this from the Craft Barn...

14 comments:

  1. Wish I coud follow a workshop from you!!!
    This is a real cool box!
    Have a great day Jolande

    ReplyDelete
  2. another stunning box, lots of bling and deatils
    have a lovely weekend

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another fabulous piece, love the rusty feel, looks great. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great combination of colour texture and shapes

    ReplyDelete
  5. The box looks amazing! I'd love to see a before pic cos its hard to believe its not metal!

    love

    Jill
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're mad, woman lol!!!

    Jx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely love it!! the octopus is very cool..looks like something out of Pirates of the Caribbean!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - gorgeous box. Stunning. I've never seen iron based paint and rust activator - where do you get them? Xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Wow!!! what a stunning metal effect. Georgeous Box. I too would love to know where to purchase iron based paint and rust activator. Thank You in advance.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fiona... if you could email me at zuzuspetals62@hotmail.com then i can email you back with details. I cant find an email address on your blog info and i cant leave a comment there.
    And thank you for your lovely comment.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Thank You ZuZu. Just pm'd you Hun.

    ReplyDelete
  12. got it.. answered lol. hope its useful xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing piece totally stunning.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete