Friday, 27 May 2011

Steampunk style necklace.

I need a little break from Design Team work and rubber stamping, so I got out all my metal bits and jewellery items and constructed this steampunk style necklace. It's made from vintage and reclaimed jewellery as well as new bits and bobs. The beads really give the piece a cool steampunk look
The majority of the pieces here can be found at Calico Crafts as well as many other cool steampunk and vintage style metal charms and fixings.

Stock from Calico Crafts:
The butterfly used as the main piece...
Spiral coil/ spring beads,
Vintage style safety-pin,
Vintage tone jump rings
Vintage tone link chain (although I used my own stock)

4 comments:

  1. It doesn't matter what you do..it's always TOP!! this is a wonderfull necklace..
    Big hug Jolande

    ReplyDelete
  2. a beautiful statement piece

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I'm missing words, such a wonderful necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful! A wonderfully eclectic piece - not being a jewellery maker, it's great to see how you've used such an assortment of pieces to such great effect. Loving it :)

    ReplyDelete