Thursday, 26 May 2011

She sells Sea Shells: Designed for Katzelkraft.

I don't know about you but, when i get a new stamp I HAVE to stamp it on to something almost right away. It doesn't matter if I actually have a project to use it on, I just need to SEE it lol. I have found quick little tags are just very handy for this. So I made a tag with my new Stamp. This A6 plate is from Katzelkraft and is called collage symphonie. You can get it HERE.
People in the UK can get Katzelkraft stamps from the Craft Barn HERE.
The sharp eyed folks among you (and those that know me well) will notice I didnt wait till the glue and varnish dried before taking the photo :D. Patience isn't one of my strong points...

I am entering this in to Gingersnap creations "Denim rust 'n' dust" colour scheme challenge.


The other quick try out I like doing with new stamps is to "get them on a domino". I sell quite a lot of domino pendants and fridge magnets so I am making two or three a week. its nice to see which stamps look good on a domino. I picked out one are to try out and made this crackled vintage looking little domino.I stamped the shell on to the domino, then hand painted with alcohol inks on the biggest blank areas. If you start trying to colour in the detailed sections with alcohol ink, it will just smudge the stamped image so its best to just pick out areas your brush fits in. I used "stream" on the background, and a mix of "caramel" and "terracotta" on the shell. Once dry i coated it in crackle accents (using the crackle accents to attach the star fish at the same time), and left it over night. In the morning i carefully rubbed some of the terracotta alcohol ink in to some of the cracks in the glaze to give it an aged look then rubbed vintage gold gilt wax polish around the edges. I will dangle some bits and bobs from the star fish and make this in to a fridge magnet or bag charm. (haven't decided as I wasn't sure it would work out).

6 comments:

  1. very very pretty! And I know how much you love the ocean theme so this one was perfect for you. Love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pieces, the image is very effective the way you have used it and as usual I love your embellishments. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pieces, both of them--so rich! Thank you for joining in the fun at Gingersnap Creations with your gorgeous designs!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What stunning creations! I love the vintage lace..yummy. Thanks for join us at Gingersnap Creations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are both AMAZING!!! Love, love, LOVE them!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete