Saturday, 21 May 2011

Rusty Chest... Designed for Calico Crafts

Rusty chest.. I think its what I have as I have coughed for over three weeks with a virus lol. But no that's not the kind I mean. Here is the slightly larger sized wooden chest available at Calico Crafts. the smaller one I turned in to a tooth fairy chest, this larger one (though still small and dinky) has been turned in to a rusty treasure chest. Also from Calico crafts are the little rusty stars on the sides.I have to say the inspiration for this chest was born on my friend Gillian's blog. Now although this chest is very different, there is no denying the points of inspiration or similarity. its susty, has rivets on the edges and the corrugated card influence (the part that inspired me most) is plastered right around the box. Go take a look at Gillians's...I covet it. You can find it HERE.

7 comments:

  1. ooo I say...Im loving this creation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous altered chest, love it. Love all your embellishments, are they from Calico too. Loved your box below this post too and the embellishments on that are gorgeous. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely Z, perfectly rusted:) Thank you for your kind words and link back, your designing some fab projects for Calico, they have some yummy products.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tracy: sent you an email with all the details of whats on the box xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Saw your fabulous entry into the Gingersnap's red & gold challenge this morning and had to pop over and see your blog. Your work is truly stunning, I'll definitely be popping over on a regular basis now. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Instead of getting wrinkly as I get older, can I go rusty instead?! Another beautiful piece, and the use of corrugated card is inspired - what a result :)

    ReplyDelete