Friday, 27 May 2011

New stuff From Calico Crafts.

A box arrived today full of yum stuff from Calico crafts. some which I had ordered and some bits that Helen had added for free to be used in Design projects. I only have to use what I like or can use so there is no pressure but when I get a box of goodies I cant help but go and make something the second I've finished opening it. This box was actually one that Dominoes arrived in. its a sturdy wooden box and seemed a shame to waste it so I have altered it.Helen sent me some Vintage Decor collage sheets. I wasnt sure if I could use them when we talked about them over the phone but once i handled them and saw them up close I decided i HAD to use them. They feel like a cross between parchment and high quality tissue. Anyway I covered my wooden box with some decorative pieces, and I varnished it using Americana spray sealer (gloss).

To be honest, if I had left it just like that, it would have looked great. it was clean and pretty and shiny. But this is ME lol. I dont do very new clean cut and pretty items. I do vintage, distressed, kicked around and ancient looking items so I kept adding stuff. gilt wax polish, distress inks, mica mists, sanding, tearing, gold leaf.... and this is the finished look.

Stock from Calico Crafts


Vintage Decor collage sheets.
American gloss sealer.
Metal butterfly (from the steampunk metal range)
Gold leaf.
Ranger Crackle accents.


I have entered this in to the Three Muses BLUE theme challenge.

4 comments:

  1. Wow you are a quick worker. Love the effect you have achieved on this box, really does look aged, fabulous. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a new follower and I just wanted to say I love your work. Your style is amazing! Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing transformation! So pleased that you like the collage papers (thought you might!) and how you've used them together with other media is just awesome. Do you ever sleep?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the gorgeous textures and the beautiful blues. Your box is absolutely stunning.

    ReplyDelete