Saturday, 26 March 2011

Craft fair fun today.

My friend Gillian and I had a stall at a craft fair in aid of Friends of The Earth today. A lot of you emailed wishing us luck and asking for a report so here it is :

It was a good day and what a lot of nice crafters. We Thankfully did very well but i heard a lot of people there saying it was an awful slow day and they hadn't sold anything so they wanted table money refunded. It was for a charity so I am not sure that was very good form :( , but as Gillian and I were way past the £200 mark with a third of the day to go still, I felt I shouldn't really judge.
I don't know what you think but when you give a charity money for a stall then you just have to take your chances, and too bad if you sell nothing. You cant take your money back, its like backing a horse that loses and saying you changed your mind after the race and asking the bookie for your money back, only worse as its a CHARITY!!

Anyway back to the positives lol (can you tell that made me mad!)
Both of us were Also approached by a shop owner, "Louise Pringle of Eclectic Shock" nominated for Scottish fashion accessory designer of the year, who took a lot of our stuff to sell in her shop and she wants more (mostly jewellery) so thank goodness i made those extra 20 domino necklaces the week before LOL. She has listed my things under "hand made finds" category.

I will share some of the great "crafters" we found there in a future post as there was some really cool folksy sellers and non folksy sellers. thanks again for the nice emails this week and today.
Zx

4 comments:

  1. Sounds great!

    I think asking for money back is very poor form actually. Maybe their prices were too high or simply items that people didn't want to spend their hard earned money on? Times are hard but if you've got the right things to sell at the right price, you'll sell 'em - as you proved.

    Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well what a day:), I'm delighted at the response we had, it sure was manic at one point lol. Was lovely to share the day with you and receive so many positive comments about our work, it makes it all worth while. Need to stock my folksy shop up now:)I think we did the right thing about the donation. Enjoy the rest of your evening. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What no photo's :(
    Glad you both had a fab day, you both deserved it xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete