Wednesday, 1 December 2010

Altered Box:Designed for the Altered Element.

I got this fab little Box From The Altered Element for just £1. It has an indented bit on the lid and I Decided to use it for this months Celestial theme. I painted the box all over with Lumiere gold paint. While it was drying i prepared a piece of card with some cosmic shimmer misters sprays in aqua and gold, then stamped on my angel. I cut her out and attached to the middle of the box lid with glue. then i decorated the "frame area" of the lid. I used copper metal leaf, Fusible film, Fusible fibres, turquoise beads, and some metal star shaped findings. In opposite corners I added the Vintaj brass Starburst Stars ( i carefully removed the loops with pliers. )... The Box looks different depending on light due to the fusible film and sparkle added, so I have taken two photos....

3 comments:

  1. Louise, You amaze me with your art! I love how you transformed this plain box into a fantastic art piece. Happy holidays from across the pond.

    Mary Wilkins
    marymarg27608@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always you have created a unique and beautiful gift x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always fun visiting you, Louise! Your box is breathtaking! Love the colors and the texture...as always :-)
    Wishing you all the very best this holiday season!

    Gaby xo

    ReplyDelete