Friday, 22 October 2010

Enchanted Microscope slide. Designed For the Altered Element.

A quicky from me as i was a bit bored and decided to make something. This is a very very simple Altered Microscope slide. Take your slide and colour it with alcohol inks on the reverse of the glass. I used Stream , Rust and Metallic Pearl Mixative. I then flipped over the slide glass and stamped the word magic on it randomly using black Stazon.
The next stage was to get out the Ranger melt art melt pot ( my new best friend) and melt up some UTEE and I added a touch of cosmic shimmers thick embossing crystals in copper. I carefully edged the glass microscope slide with the melted UTEE to give it a leading /stained glass effect.After that i simply had to attach my embellishments... I added a corner embellishment at the top and bottom and hung some reclaimed chain I got from a broken necklace from them. Then I added the Vintaj brass Fairy and two of the little man in the moon charms.

7 comments:

  1. Lovely piece, great embellishments and I love the colour in the background. Have a good day, Tracy Evans x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful piece!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How awesome!! Love your piece!! You are soooo talented and your work is truely inspirational!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so lovely. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Coo - you sure got that faux soldering straight - I can never get mine to look that good - love all the embellies

    ReplyDelete
  6. Louise, Another winning piece and something to get my artistic juices flowing! Love the colors and the fairy.

    Mary Wilkins
    marymarg27608@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a beautiful piece, I love that blue colour. Thanks for your comment on my blog about sticking fabric into a box, I knew what you meant and it's really helpful, I shall try it out. xx

    ReplyDelete